Current open position
Quantum Engineer (Quantum Hardware/Atom Trap)
Research associate for work on ion trap quantum computers
Job Type: Full-time, On-site
For our quantum computing startup we are looking for a research associate to work on ion trapped quantum computers as soon as possible.
eleQtron develops and operates full quantum computers based on trapped ions. The technology we have developed, called MAGIC (MAgnetic Gradient Induced Coupling), allows the qubits to be reliably and accurately controlled using established, inexpensive and miniaturizable radio frequency technology. In doing so, our international and diverse team provides an ideal environment for personal growth in a competitive growth industry.
When it comes to the performance of current quantum computers, our machines are at the forefront. We believe our next-generation computers will be able to find solutions to problems that are unattainable today — enabling new innovative products and services for a better future.
The quantum revolution is on everyone’s lips. Join us and be a part of it!
We are looking for a Quantum Engineer to work on ion trap quantum computing.
You will be part of the team working on the development, design and characterization of ion trap-based quantum computers and relevant test devices. Together with other physicists and engineers, you will design proof-of-principle experiments, optimize existing approaches, and ensure the scalability of our computing machines towards large-scale quantum computers. You will independently design R&D test setups to characterize and optimize subsystems. You will also work closely with our software engineers on calibration protocols. You will be engaged in the following tasks:
- Applying previous experience in atomic, molecular, and optical (AMO) physics to design, develop, and perform experiments in a laboratory environment, and apply the results to the development of a mature product.
- Ensuring a timely execution and reporting progress of R&D activities.
- Participating in hands-on R&D work.
Skills you have
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Applied Physics, Physical Chemistry, or other related fields (or demonstrated experience); Ph.D. preferred.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: optics, vacuum systems, electronics, cryogenics, atomic physics, opto-electronics, and/or lasers.
- Independent and goal-oriented working style.
- Good English language skills, both written and spoken.
- Formal background in experimental AMO physics.
- Demonstrated industry experience (2+ years).
- Experience with laser cooling and trapping of ions or neutral atoms.
- Experience with quantum gates, quantum algorithms and quantum simulations.
- Experience with microwave electronics.
- Ability to perform simulations and modelling to design and analyze experiments.
- Written and oral communication skills, experience in writing scientific publications.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary Range: 50.000 € — 80.000 €.
- Employees participate in the company’s success through an attractive employee stock ownership plan.
- We encourage and financially support individual professional development.
- Excellent health- and retirement plans.
- PhD on the job possible.
What you can expect from eleQtron
- eleQtron is a young startup with a unique agile and flexible working style. We encourage our team to think outside the box and provide access to high quality infrastructure, lab space, offices, and meeting rooms. We strive for an open atmosphere in which developing and commercializing world leading ion-trap-based quantum computers is not only possible, but fun.
- As a young organization, eleQtron provides excellent opportunities for self-development and room for growth.
- Work on the forefront of technology, where academic research meets commercial applications!
- Siegen is a vibrant college town in west Germany surrounded by wooded hills offering ample opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts.
Send in your application with CV and other documents to APPLY HERE.