Current open position
SENIOR QUANTUM ENGINEER
(Quantum Hardware/Atom Trap)
eleQtron develops and operates full-stack quantum computers based on trapped-ion technology. Quantum computing is a new computing paradigm rapidly approaching commercial viability. Our unique approach combines trapped ions with microwave control and tailored magnetic fields. Our next-generation computing machines under development will be able to find solutions to problems that are out of reach today, thus enabling new innovative products and services for a brighter future.
We are looking for a SENIOR QUANTUM ENGINEER.
Responsibilities/What will you be doing?
You will be leading a project team with a mission to develop, conduct, and improve calibration and benchmarking of trapped-ion quantum computers and relevant test devices. You will collaborate closely with other teams who also work on providing device designs, engineering support, and laboratory development. As a senior position, you will be engaged in the following tasks:
- Applying previous experience in atomic, molecular, and optical (AMO) physics to design, develop, and perform experiments in a laboratory environment, and apply the results to the development of a mature product.
- Assisting in the development of new concepts, in developing new technologies for future products, and in writing project proposals.
- Planning of R&D activities by setting priorities and timelines.
- Instructing and supporting your team with coaching, thus fostering their continuous learning and development in relevant areas of expertise.
Required/What skills do you need?
- PhD in Experimental Physics, Applied Physics, Quantum Engineering, Experimental Physical Chemistry, or related fields (or demonstrated experience).
- Minimum 4+ years of experience (including PhD) involving one or more of the following areas: optics, vacuum systems, electronics, cryogenics, atomic physics, opto-electronics, and/or lasers.
- Formal background in AMO physics with a proven track record of applying physical principles in the construction of complex systems.
- Good understanding and solid experience with trapped-ion qubit physics and experiments.
- Experience with laser cooling and trapping of ions or neutral atoms.
- Experience with quantum gates, quantum algorithms and quantum simulations.
- Experience with microwave electronics.
- Ability to perform simulations and modelling to design and analyze experiments.
- Written and oral communication skills, experience in writing scientific publications.
- Good at working and negotiating with teams, customers, and partners.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Interested in agile project management.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary: 60.000 € — 80.000 €
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Flexible working hours
- We encourage and financially support individual professional development
- Excellent health- and retirement plans
What you can expect from eleQtron
- eleQtron is a young startup with a unique agile and flexible working style. We encourage our team to think outside the box and provide access to high quality infrastructure, lab space, offices, and meeting rooms. We strive for an open atmosphere in which developing and commercializing world leading ion-trap-based quantum computers is not only possible, but fun.
- As a young organization, eleQtron provides excellent opportunities for self-development and room for growth.
- Work on the forefront of technology, where academic research meets commercial applications!
- Siegen is a vibrant college town in west Germany surrounded by wooded hills offering ample opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts.
Send in your application with CV and other documents to APPLY HERE.