Current open position
Job Type: Full-time, On-site
For our quantum computing startup we are looking for a research associate to work on ion trapped quantum computers as soon as possible.
eleQtron develops and operates full quantum computers based on trapped ions. The technology we have developed, called MAGIC (MAgnetic Gradient Induced Coupling), allows the qubits to be reliably and accurately controlled using established, inexpensive and miniaturizable radio frequency technology. In doing so, our international and diverse team provides an ideal environment for personal growth in a competitive growth industry.
When it comes to the performance of current quantum computers, our machines are at the forefront. We believe our next-generation computers will be able to find solutions to problems that are unattainable today — enabling new innovative products and services for a better future.
The quantum revolution is on everyone’s lips. Join us and be a part of it!
We are looking for a Full-Stack Developer to interface our ion-trap quantum computers.
You will support technical direction for our next generation of ion-trap quantum computers. As a full-stack developer, your work consists of the following tasks:
- Develop high-quality, performance, maintainable software as a cloud service and for web applications.
- Be a part of defining the full life cycle of software development projects. This may include, in some cases but not always, scheduling, and providing time estimates with respect to requirements.
- Implement, test, and maintain software solutions in Python and/or C++.
- Collaborate with physicists and other software developers.
- Research and advise the team on software licensing.
Skills you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 3–5+ years’ experience with the full software development lifecycle, including design, implementation, testing, operations, and maintenance.
- Proficiency and technical expertise with Python and/or C++.
- Proficiency with RESTful microservice interface development using the correct tools for the job.
- Experience with major public cloud providers like Azure or AWS.
- Experience with developing web services that interact with user-sensitive information.
- Experience working with containerized deployment technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- NoSQL databases.
- Distributed caching services (Redis preferred).
- MSc or PhD in Computer science, Engineering, Physics, or related field.
- Experience with parallel processing and setting up/operating distributed execution environments.
- Familiarity with quantum computing SDKs (e.g: Qiskit, Pennylane).
- You are not afraid to deal with technical debt. In fact, you embrace the challenge.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary: 60.000 € — 90.000 €.
- Employees participate in the company’s success through an attractive employee stock ownership plan.
- Flexible working hours
- We encourage and financially support individual professional development.
- Excellent health- and retirement plans.
What you can expect from eleQtron
- eleQtron is a young startup with a unique agile and flexible working style. We encourage our team to think outside the box and provide access to high quality infrastructure, lab space, offices, and meeting rooms. We strive for an open atmosphere in which developing and commercializing world leading ion trap-based quantum computers is not only possible, but fun.
- As a young organization, eleQtron provides excellent opportunities for self-development and room for growth.
- Work on the forefront of technology where academic research meets commercial applications!
- Siegen is a vibrant college town in west Germany surrounded by wooded hills offering ample opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts.
Send in your application with CV and other documents to APPLY HERE.